Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday: Big Bold Cupcakes Sizzlits


Here is a birthday card I created for my husband's grandmother. She turned 93 this June. The cupcake and sparkles brought a big smile to her face.

The card was created using the Big Shot Big Bold Cupcakes Sizzlits. It a fun diecut that gives you a lot of flexibility with all the extra designs. I used the Crimper on the bottom of the cupcake diecut to make it look like a real cupcake. I love the way it turned out.

I decorated the cupcake using a VersaMark re-inker to put dots on the cupcake top, then I covered the dots with Heat & Stick powder. After setting the powder with the Heat Tool I sprinkled Iridescent Ice to make sparkley sprinkles and heat set it again.

We will be saying farewell to the blue and pink colors used in this card. The Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette paper is retiring on June 30th. I hate to see these two colors go but I'm excited about the new colors coming in July!

Order your retiring items today! See the lists at the right. And remember FREE shipping on all orders through June!

God Bless,


Recipe:
Stamps: WOW Flowers(#111714)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (#100908)
Paper: Baja Breeze (#111352), Pink Pirouette (#111351), Real Red (#102482), Chocolate Chip (#102128), Whisper White (#100730) card stock and Tea Party DSP (#113992)
Misc: Bold Birthday Cupcakes Sizzlets (#114509), Versamark Re-Inker (#102193), Heat & Stick Powder (#100625), Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder (#101930), Heat Tool (#100005), Tombow (#110755), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

Big Bold Cupcakes Sizzlit

6 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Yummy card! Love how the sparkles add texture.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Will you make me one in August? lol

Melissa said...

I am fan of Big Bold Cupcakes! Finally someone else loves em too!

Really pretty colors you picked!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable card, Martha! I love the colors, and of course, that bold cupcake!

Patti MacLeith said...

Crimper idea is smashing!

Tasha said...

Martha i love this scrummy card - the colours are as deliscious as that cake looks
love tasha xx