Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, January 15, 2009

National Letter Writing Week


Did you know it was National Letter Writing Week this week? Neither did I.
While studying the January holidays, my 7 year old daughter and I discovered this little known fact. In honor of this special week we made cards and wrote notes to my eldest daughter who just transferred to UCF to finish her BS degree.
Michele loved the new "Love You Much" stamp set and created her card above using the heart stamps and rhinestone brads. She did a great job coloring the big heart using Stampin' Write Markers before stamping it on whisper white.
I used the "Loads of Love" stamp set on water color paper and colored it in with water color pencils and Aquapainter. The card stock is glorious green and the ribbon is Double-Stitched Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon. Michele and I had great fun creating these cards. We did find out when we went to mail the cards that because of the brads we should have them hand canceled to protect the cards and envelopes from tearing. Hmm, I wonder how many of my cards have arrived torn? Sorry, if you received one of those.
This young lady is the receiver of the cards, Rachel!
We miss you Rachel! You are in our thoughts and prayers and we're excited to see what God has in store for your future.
To all of you, Happy National Letter Writing Week. Send someone a card!
God Bless,
Martha

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It was so nice to meet you at Regionals! I love the cards you made. Your little one did a beautiful job on hers! Rachel is a beautiful girl, and I am sure you are so proud of her! I can't imagine mine leaving for college, but my son is already talking about it! He's 12, for goodness sake! LOL

Hugs from Tampa!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Love the cards! So cute that Michelle made one, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom for the card! Its hanging up in my room. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, your web page looks really good! Your pictures look very professional.