Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's The Valentine Holiday Hop!

Welcome to the Valentine Holiday Hop! If you are arriving from Anne Beale-Yancey's website, I'm stop number 16. You have one more hop to make after this stop! If you are just starting, I hope you enjoy the entire Holiday Hop and make your way all the way around! This group of Stampin'Up! Demonstrators has put together some wonderful Valentine projects to spark your creativity. Should you become lost along the way, you can access the entire Holiday Hop lineup here!


Now on to my projects!

Glitter and Valentine's Day go together like peanut butter and jelly and this card sparkles with it! The product focus of this card is the new Specialty Designer Series paper, Sending Love, available in the new Mini Occasions Catalog. Each sheet has one side with glitter on it! I love it! In this card you are seeing three different sides of this paper set.
The heart is from the Always stamp set. It was inked in VersaMark and Real Red ink and then embossed with Iridescent Ice Embossing powder. The sentiment is from Holiday Best, a Level 1 Hostess set. It was inked and embossed the same way as the heart.
The card is finished with an envelop lined with the Sending Love Specialty paper.

I love decorating treats and Valentine's is the perfect time to decorate sweets for your sweet! This is a project from my Wrapping 101 series. Inside it holds a small cello bag of chocolate. The outside is decorated with the Sending Love Specialty paper and punched with the Heart to Heart punch. I used a Very Vanilla Jumbo Grommet and secured the front to the back with the new Pretty in Pink Epoxy Brads. If your candy is a bit too heavy you may need to attach the cello bag to the back of the treat holder first and then secure it with the epoxy brad through the grommet.
The tag was created using the Holiday Best hostess set. It too was inked in VersaMark, Pretty in Pink ink and embossed in Iridescent Ice. The edge of the tag is punched using the new Pinking Hearts Border punch.

Our family always makes mail boxes for our Valentines each year. It has become sort of a tradition. Over the years they have been as simple as stapling 2 paper plates together and as elaborate as shoe boxes with paper towel rolls to drop candy down and cardboard flags to tell when a delivery has been made. So, I couldn't resist creating something you can do as a family. The project above is a small oatmeal container covered in card stock. The Love Bandits stamp set made its debut on these projects! The branches were created using the My Way punch with hearts punched from the Heart to Heart punch as leaves. The Big Shot Billboard die was used to create "Be Mine".

This last project is my favorite and is created by my 8 year old, Michele. We took a granola bar box and covered it with card stock and put two rectangles at the top for the roof. You can open the roof and deliver the valentines here. Michele loved the characters from Love Bandit creating her own Valentine scene with this stamp set and punched out hearts.

Well, that's it for Seasons Of Stamping. I hope you enjoyed the projects and found something to peak your interest and create! I'd love to hear your comments before you leave. And if you don't have an account like Google or Typepad, just pick "annonymous" when leaving your comment.

The Valentine Holiday Hop continues with the next stop, Jason's Stampin' Pad, aka Stampin' dad! I know he'll have some creative projects to share!

Enjoy and God Bless,

Recipes:

Card:
Stamps: Always (#113620), Holiday Best (Hostess Set)
Ink: Real Red (#103133), VersaMark (#102283)
Paper: Very Vanilla (#101650), Pretty in Pink (#100459), Real Red (#102482) card stock, Sending Love Specialty paper (#117153)
Misc: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (#101930), Heat Tool (100005), Paper Snips (#103579), SNAIL (#104332), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

Treat Holder:
Stamps: Holiday Best (Hostess Set)
Ink: Pretty in Pink (#101301), VersaMark (#102283)
Paper: Very Vanilla Textured card stock (#108693), Sending Love Specialty paper (#117153)
Misc: Basic Jumbo Grommets (#114348), 1/2" Circle punch (#104390), Heart to Heart punch (#113694), 1/16" Handheld Circle punch (#101227), Pretty in Pink Epoxy Brads (#117271), Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (#101390), Heat Tool (100005)

Valentine Holders:
Stamps: Love Bandits Clear Stamps (#118577), Clear-Mount Blocks (#118491),
Ink: Chocolate Chip (#100071), Basic Black (#100082), More Mustard (#100076), Real Red (#100052) Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Chocolate Chip (102128), Close to Cocoa (101341), Creamy Caramel (#102514), Whisper White (#100730), Sending Love Specialty paper (#117153)
Misc: Heart to Heart punch (#113694), My Way punch (110709), Paper Snips (#103579), Sticky Strip (#104294), Glue Dots (#103683), Tombow Adhesive (#110755), Big Shot (#113439), Stampin'Up! Billboard Die (#114510), Small Heart punch (117193), Pinking Hearts Boarder punch (#117649)

17 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wonderful projects! Love your card with that fab DSP! And I like that touch of black on your wrapping~! Great job!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Wow, you were a busy woman!

I love the first card ... the mix of red and pink is stunning.

What a creative mailbox idea too. I may have to CASE this for my son's Valentine's at school.

Mike Funke said...

Great projects - I especially like the first one with the multiple use of patterns!
Mike

Kim said...

Great projects Martha! Love your yearly tradition to create mailboxes! Adorable idea and I may have to recreate a granola bar box myself with my 2 little ones! Thanks for the ideas!!

Regina Mangum said...

Martha! You have been very busy and VERY CREATIVE! What wonderful projects. I just love all of your ideas. XO

Inking A Colorful Journey said...

I just love that first card Martha!! Such an excellent use of two unrelated stamp sets. That heart from the Always set has always been one of my favorites. Thanks so much!

Margaret Moody said...

So many great projects, Martha! I love them all! I LOVE the Valentine's card! Love the great mix of print patterns and the heart stamp! Looks great! The treat bag and matching tag are just precious! And, the family mailboxes are just too cute! Love the idea and creativity that went into these! So fun! Thanks for sharing!

lisa808 said...

tfs your projects and for participating in this fun hop. Your first card is so pretty.

Ann Schach said...

Creative and clever, as always. I love the colors and layout of your card! Beautiful!

Cards by Gina said...

You always come up with such creative and wonderful projects! I always love seeing what you're up to next! I think all of these projects are terrific, but my favorite favorite one is the mailbox. What a coooool idea!

suzieque said...

Love what you did! That Love Bandit stamp set is soooo cute. Your card is beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Sonia said...

Stunning works. My fav is the first one. Thanks for sharing.

**Sony**
Puerto Rico

emily said...

Love the rich, bold combo of reds on your first card! Wow! Love the idea for a mail box. My little ones are nearly 4 and will love making their own valentines mail box!

Carla said...

Martha, your projects and cards are beautiful. But that first one is my fav too. Hugs,

Mary said...

It looks as though you have been very busy creating. I love the card that you made as well as all of the 3-D projects. TFS.

Mary

Mary Fish said...

Such elegant work. Michele is a chip off the old block! Hugs, M

shelly said...

wonderful projects youre so inspiring thank you!